Nothing happens when you click a link in the Search pane?
Whenever I do a search using the search button in Internet Explorer 6, the links that come up in the search link are just dead. I can click on any of them but nothing happens. If I search from the address bar, all links that come up in Internet Explorer are good. My default search engine has always been Google which I have enabled using google.reg, but still the links in the search pane are dead. How do I fix the problem?
This happens if the security settings for Internet zone is set to High. Here is how to make the search pane links work:
- Open Internet Explorer
- From the Tools menu, click Internet Options
- Select the Security tab, and click Internet zone
- Click the Custom Level button
- Under Miscellaneous section, set the following option to Enable
Navigate sub-frames across different domains
- Click OK, OK to close the dialog.