E-mail button in Windows Photo Gallery does nothing
- Ramesh Srinivasan
- October 25, 2007
- Windows Vista
In Windows Photo Gallery, when I select a photo to email and click the E-mail button on the toolbar, nothing happens. It does not open a email window, and does not proceed to select size option. I noticed that many atleast get to the size option before it stops, but I cannot even get an email window to open. Using the Default Programs applet, I tried setting all Windows Mail as the default program for mail, but that has not helped.
Setting the default mail client in Windows Vista
- Click Start, select Default Programs
- Click Set program access and computer defaults
- Click Custom, and select your mail client (for example, Windows Mail)
- Click OK
Then, follow these steps:
- Click Set your default programs
- Select your mail client from the list
- Click Set this program as default
- Click OK
If the above does not help, try this:
Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.
If that does not help, follow these steps:
Fix MAPI settings
- Login to a user account with administrative privileges.
- Download fixmailrecipient.zip and save the file to Desktop.
- Extract the Zip file contents (FixMailRecipient.exe and Readme.txt) to a folder.
- Double-click the file FixMailRecipient.exe to run it.
- Restart Windows.
See if the E-mail function works in Windows Photo Gallery.