How to restore the Recycle bin icon that has been accidentally deleted
This article describes how to restore the Recycle Bin icon that has been deleted accidentally from the Desktop. This article applies to Windows Vista.
Restore Recycle Bin icon to the Desktop
- Click Start, type Control desk.cpl,,@Web and press Enter
- In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog, enable the Recycle Bin checkbox
- Click OK
Another way to access the Desktop Icon Settings dialog is to right-click on the Desktop, click Personalize, and in the left pane, click Change desktop icons.
- How to rename the Recycle Bin in Windows XP
- Fix Recycle Bin Icon Does Not Refresh Automatically in Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- [FIX] Recycle Bin missing from the Desktop in Windows Vista
- Restore missing Desktop (create shortcut) link to your SendTo folder in Windows Vista
- How to hide the "Delete" command from Recycle Bin context menu in Windows Vista